Team Caliente Pantalones

The uber-stellar triathletes of TeamCalientePantalones welcome you to our CrazySexyCool blog. We are balls-to-the-wall about triathlons, cross-training, camping and gear. Rockin’ it, HotPants style!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

SCORE: Winter weight = 10; HPO7 = zero

And speaking of the holidays, I hate looking at photos from Christmases past. I always take the egocentric route and think, why the hell was I so fat at the end of last year? I tried the pre-emptive strike this year and in October started a rigorous weight lifting regiment tacked on to a decent cardio program. My arms were looking good, and my face hadn’t taken on its normal wintery bloatedness. But then fie upon fie, one of my darling little middle school brats passed on a wicked cold that sucked the life from me for three weeks and was then followed by a week of grading middle school research papers (lots of red wine required). With only four days left until the holiday photo shoots, I have donned my winter coat. Now I will be no better than the masses that recommit their lives to the gym come January 1 – those same people I can usually look down upon for not having been the gym since March of the previous year. No, I will join their ranks with humility and a side of winter weight. I salute those of you who get to smugly look down upon the January - early March crowd.
Snow reports in Colorado are the best they’ve been in years. Look out Steamboat. . . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home