Team Caliente Pantalones

The uber-stellar triathletes of TeamCalientePantalones welcome you to our CrazySexyCool blog. We are balls-to-the-wall about triathlons, cross-training, camping and gear. Rockin’ it, HotPants style!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Holiday Cheer and Dreams of Snow

A warm well wishes to all HotPants this holiday season! Regardless of what you have planned for the holidays, lets get a proper introduction to what is in store for us in February, at the Winter Carnival in Steamboat Springs Colorado! It could get lengthy, ladies, I havent blogged in a while and this chatty Kathy has a lot to say...

First of all a reliable source has confirmed that Steamboat has had a record amount of snow this year so far! Check out the mountain cam, and all the other goodies on the official website:
http://www.steamboat.com/mtnCam.aspx?CategoryId=20













Now Ladies, Lets not forget that Steamboat is a ranching community, which means the Winter Carnival = Cowboys Cowboys Cowboys! Dudes on horses hauling skiiers, sleds, even people riding shovels thru mainstreet...

Theres a brilliant little tune that sums it up about right:

"I came down from the Cadillac dude ranch, health spa, nestled on the edge of town.
For fourteen days I've been herbal wrapped, mud packed, now I'm bustin' out

Well I thought the wild west wasn't for me,
You walked up like a bow-legged dream
When you said "yes ma'am" I thought I'd scream

Oh, put me in your big ol' pick up truck, Take me to the rodeo
I don't know a thing about broncin' bucks, And I can't do-ci-do
But I can put you back in the saddle, baby
Yeah, stand you up tall
I can put you back in the saddle, baby
Yeah, and that ain't all

Well it must've been the burned-out, new-age coffee-house,
So-called sensitive guys
I never thought a leatherneck, suckin' on a long neck
Could make my temperature rise

But you're so sweet baby, you're so fine,
You bring the barbecue and I'll bring the wine
We'll dance all night 'til your belt buckle shines

Oh, put me in your big ol' pick up truck, take me to the rodeo
I don't know a thing about broncin' bucks, and I can't do-ci-do
But I can put you back in the saddle, baby
Yeah, stand you up tall
I can put you back in the saddle, baby
Yeah, every time you fall

Well, I might be in yuppie funk
You might think I'm a little bit drunk
All I know is a hunk is a hunk!"

Eh hm...but I digress ANYWAY,
Our chateaux is situated just west of Howelson Hill,
where the U.S. Olympic team trains for the ski jumping event.
It is here where the infamous "Lighted Man" skis down at
night with firecrackers shooting off him (and an inside source
has informed me that like most of the people in the crowd watching, he is usually drunk).

The Winter Carnival is good fun, but lets get down to business: the ski mountain. I dont know how many runs there are, but clearly, there is something for everyone. And you never know who your going to meet on the gondola ride up.

Get pumped ladies!! We are going to have a **fan-tasty** time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home