Team Caliente Pantalones

The uber-stellar triathletes of TeamCalientePantalones welcome you to our CrazySexyCool blog. We are balls-to-the-wall about triathlons, cross-training, camping and gear. Rockin’ it, HotPants style!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm Coming Bobby!!!!

After last night's workout I reached two conclusions 1.) I can handle any open water swim - particularly if it's in foul weather, 2.) if my current career path doesn't work out for me I can leave it all and become a rescue swimmer for the coast guard.



After running I went to the pool for to swim. I hopped in the pool feeling pretty good, but halfway through my second set I began to take on water with each breath. I began to focus on my stroke thinking I was getting sloppy due to fatigue. How could I possibly be tired already? Could it be egg whites, three quarters of a chicken breast, a handful of popcorn and M&M's wasn't enough food for the day to sustain me through a workout? Seems unlikely but, I made a mental note to eat more M&M's before my next training session just to be safe. As I struggled through the water, I realized it wasn't my stroke but rather the pool was actually quite choppy. Choppy is an understatement. I felt like I was swimming through the Atlantic to rescue Bobby Shatford during The Perfect Storm. (And well who wouldn't want to rescue Mark Whalberg. HP04, "Oh you poor thing you're soaking wet - let me help you out of those wet clothes. We'd better warm you up with body heat...")

I reached the end of my set, pulled myself back to reality and held onto the wall for dear life. I was being bounced around like a goldfish in the spin cycle. I looked around the pool and there was a little girl in a life jacket bouncing around having the time of her life as if she was at typhoon lagoon. As my body hurtled against the wall again, the booming music and calls to "keep it going ladies" got louder, it dawned upon me - the water aerobics class!! Now, this isn't just any water aerobics class. It's one for, how shall we say...heavier set women. When I came into the pool I was so impressed by the group of them all working their hearts out together and having the time of their lives. I thought to myself - how great! But, when you put 20 women all well over 250 lbs in a pool bouncing up and down in a pool - they make hurricane Rita look like a pussy. I've never seen a pool with so many large waves before (and I've spent a lot of time in pools!!!). This was rediculous. I struggled through the remained of my workout and made a mental note to not come to the pool until after 7:45 - the end of Hurricane Water Aerobics. I went home exhausted in need of more M&M's only to realize I'd left them at the office and was too tired to go and get a stash for home. It was a rough night at sea.....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home