Team Caliente Pantalones

The uber-stellar triathletes of TeamCalientePantalones welcome you to our CrazySexyCool blog. We are balls-to-the-wall about triathlons, cross-training, camping and gear. Rockin’ it, HotPants style!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Shoe knew?











HP03 has been pounding some serious pavement as of late and she thought she might need a new pair of kicks so she used the blog as an actual reference, digging up her July 25 post about her last shoe purchase. HP03 feared the reaper and discovered that by marathon day she will have run well over the 300 mile limit that the fancy running shoe peeps put on their gear and had to bite another $130 bullet and invest in yet another pair. I know, two months, how can shoes be ruined after two months? Well, as you can see in the photo to the left the untrained eye barely notices a difference, but if you flip the buggers over you start to see the tread wear. And if you make snarky comments about running not being cheap in a jazzy store that thrives on runners' need to pimpin' in hot-t gear you get the in-depth shoe exam.

As you will see if the photos below, the treads on a new pair, exhibit A, are nice and high and responsive and indicate a plush, supportive structure throughout. But if you check out exhibit B, you will see that the white has worn down to be level with the blue nucleus. And the blue/white/blue lightening bolt thingy (clearly for speed amplification), is worn down to a smudgy "weak link", indicating that HP03 still puts quite a bit of pressure on the balls of her foot. I have a high arch, lay off bitches. Anyway, if HP01 and HP02 have taught me anything (about the mother ship), I know that gear is key for sass factor (plus, years and years of sport and PT also told me something about something having to do with support or something. Blah blah blah. Sass.)












Long story short, I would like to take this opportunity to thank my parents for supporting my lifetime need for excellent athletic footwear, especially those pricey, total sass-lacking basketball shoes I had to buy new every year in junior high while my feet chased my legs in growth spurts (making me a real catch at the dances -- think eye level) and for purchasing the latest round of shiny new Mizunos. Cheers! Thanks Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home