Team Caliente Pantalones

The uber-stellar triathletes of TeamCalientePantalones welcome you to our CrazySexyCool blog. We are balls-to-the-wall about triathlons, cross-training, camping and gear. Rockin’ it, HotPants style!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sexy-Six Checking In

HP Sexy-Six here - checking in for the first time. I am pumped about my first Tri with Team Hot Pants at Smith Mountain. I also just made a major purchase of a road bike. I went on two rides this weekend – and my bum lived to tell about it.

I would like to take this opportunity to explain how I claimed the name Sexy-Six. In college, my classmates and I did a research project at the Library Lounge where some state politicians used to gather to discuss the ins and outs of state policy.

The Library Lounge had an open mic policy, and one piano player loved the song Route 66. There were two women – with plenty of class and charm – would often sing along. While draped over the piano – singing as sultry as possible – they would change the words Route 66 to Route Sexy Six (or on other occasions – Route Sexy Sex).

These two women have been inspirations for my life. Our team’s research project was applauded in class, the many nights at the lounge helped me fall in love with my husband and I gained a new appreciation for the amazing talent of my home state.

I now hope to take this inspiration with me as I join Team Hot Pants. Though you may never find me draped over a player piano, you just might find me draped over anything standing at the finish line as I complete my first 5k.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home