Team Caliente Pantalones

The uber-stellar triathletes of TeamCalientePantalones welcome you to our CrazySexyCool blog. We are balls-to-the-wall about triathlons, cross-training, camping and gear. Rockin’ it, HotPants style!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

News from the fat one!!




Silenced by my 60 pounds of weight gain during my pregnancy (see ginormous photo), I am now back on the blog to document the come-back of the siete!!!!


I had no intention of gaining that much weight, but after the first 6 months of eating right and exercising regularly, I had already gained the recommended maximum of 40 pounds. With three more months to go, I went ahead and stopped trying so hard as it seemed futile. That sort of attitude is a disgrace to the HP name, I know, but you just get damn hungry with a baby growing inside of you. An illogical and insane part of myself wished I would deliver a 60 pound baby so I could leave the hospital looking like my normal self. But, she only weighed 7.3 lbs. . . . . . The good news is my genitals are still in tact as, they would surely have been shredded by a 60 pound baby, and I have already lost 30 pounds due to the fat burning powers of breast feeding. So, it is upwards and onwards from here. I have signed up for the Steamboat half-marathon at the beginning of June and plan to start running as soon as I get the okay from my doctor. The only challenge I foresee is large, milk-filled breasts and running. I’ll keep you posted. I shall leave you with a photo of my beautiful daughter. All of the weight gain, pain of birth, and sleeplessness pale in comparison to the joy she has brought us!!! SIETE OUT.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my god. What an adorable baby. And you know I don't just say that as I'm not kid friendly. Congratulations!!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Team Caliente Pantalones said…

    Ladies, the baby is beautiful, and Siete has already lost 30 lbs. She is a ROCK STAR.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home