Team Caliente Pantalones

The uber-stellar triathletes of TeamCalientePantalones welcome you to our CrazySexyCool blog. We are balls-to-the-wall about triathlons, cross-training, camping and gear. Rockin’ it, HotPants style!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Me Too, Me Too!!!

Well, ladies, it has been a very long time since HP02 has ventured into the blogosphere, mainly because her shameful lack of consistent training. But as the HotPants report on their progress, HP02 feels the drive to train building as she reads about the diligence of others. Per usual, you girls kick ass!

So it is 24 days until the Iron Girl, in which many of the HPs are participating, but for HP02, the Iron Girl 2007 is going to be solo tri #1. The SheRox tri in Philly sounded ever so tempting, but truth be told the expenditure was ill timed. Anyway, this summer the Molotov Cocktail tempted fate one too many times, and finally broke down for good, leaving HP02 with nothing but pedals for transportation. This has been a good primer for training, but honestly a daily 4 mile bike ride and an occasional 3 mile run at lunch cant really be counted as ‘daily training’.

So its back on the wagon for HP02. Sunday it was a 10 mile bike ride to Alexandria and a trip to the pool with HPM.C. (sorry MC, I cant remember your #!). Then Monday it was a 20 mile bike ride with hot shot colleagues HotPantsRickyAndNicky to Bethesda on our lunch break. Those guys whooped my ass!! Tuesday was a rest day, then tonight it was a 20 mile RT ride to Alexandria for A LOT of laps in the pool. I started loosing count towards the end, but I think I went down and back around 16 times- I think that's 400 meters? Actually it felt good to begin to get a rhythm. But can I just say that sharing a lane blows? I always get stuck next to the ‘swim team chick’ who passes me twice per every lap I do, and for some reason I don’t want to piss her off, so I always hit the divider because I am scooched over so far. Oh, and tonight I learned the hard way why we wear swim caps when we go swimming- I forgot mine in my locker but didn’t want to lose my place in the pool, and had hair interference the entire time. UG.

Well this weekend it is off to CO for the sister’s bachelorette party. Before the boozing begins, though, I hope to get a run in with HP07, the embarrassingly remiss blogger. HP02's new strategy is to attempt to shame her little sister into occasionally updating the HPs on her progress. She just signed up for a 10 mile run in September, but I will let her tell you that.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home