Team Caliente Pantalones

The uber-stellar triathletes of TeamCalientePantalones welcome you to our CrazySexyCool blog. We are balls-to-the-wall about triathlons, cross-training, camping and gear. Rockin’ it, HotPants style!

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Boring training post....

HP04 has been remiss in posting about her training and instead has been posting musings so I'll give you a brief run down. Sunday I decided to see if I could actually complete a half mile swim non-stop. I was pretty skeptical having only started my training 2 weeks ago. It was a huge success and I swam almost 2 miles - I felt great while swimming but was tired for 2 days after. But, I'm in for the tri on Oct. 15!!! Monday I went for a run - almost 2.5 miles- which I'm not supposed to be doing but can never seem to stop myself. Tuesday I took off because I had dinner with my cousin and I don't do mornings. Dinner was great - but my cousin and I have come to the conclusion that our family is certifiably insane! Last night knowing I could actually complete a half mile swim non stop I decided to time myself. I finished my half mile in 14 minutes - I was very pleased! I'm going to attribute it to all the sugar that I ate yesterday - gave me extra speed. We'll see what happens next time now that HP01 and Hp04 have cut out all sugar!! It was getting ugly ladies!

Now a side note about the pool last night. I was finishing a set, swimming on the right hand side of the lane, up and back on the same side in case someone wanted to share a lane with me so we wouldn't have to circle swim. I was about half way down the pool when I noticed a woman at the wall on my side hugging the lane line - I mean seriously she couldn't have been any more on my side with no one else in the lane. So I'm swimming at her thinking she's gonna move as I get closer but she doesn't - I move to the other side at the last minute and come up for air. She says to me in a thick German accent - okay if I share lane? Sure I say - do you want to circle swim or take sides? she replies - share better. (WTF then why the hell are you on my side Gertrude??) so I reply to her - I guess you want that side and she replies - doesn't matter. So I still have no idea why she was in my way - maybe they do things differently in the pools in germany. What ever happened to common courtesy???

Shout out to HP02 on the MW photo. I think we should always have a pic of a scantily clad hot man on our page....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home